Many users reported that printer doesn’t print, a printhead error message displays on the computer or printer control panel while trying to print any documents. But there is a way to fix these issues. But before fixing the issue you must know the type of error. So next we’ll know the type of printhead errors and way to fix them. But if you don’t want to do it yourself or don’t want any hassle then don’t worry you have to just call at HP printer support phone number-(+1)-844-403-0343.
Type Of Hp Printhead Errors-
- Incompatible Printhead
- Missing or Failed Printhead
- Printhead Appears to be Missing or Damaged
- Printhead Failure
- Printhead is Missing, Not Detected, or Not Properly Installed
- Printhead Missing
- Printhead Missing or Damaged
- Printhead Problem
Now we’ll understand how we can fix these issues.
First Step: Reset the Printer
Resetting the printer may clear the error message.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
- Turn the printer on.
In the event that the printhead error message persists, proceed the following step.
Second Step: Identify your ink cartridges
The steps to troubleshoot vary by the type of ink cartridges your printer uses. Recognize your ink cartridge type, and afterward pursue the means to determine the issue
The following steps apply to printers that use HP 932, 933, 950, 951, 952, 953, 954, 955, 956, 957, 958, 959, 962, 963, 964, 965, 966, 967, 968, or 969 ink cartridges.
Step 1: Update the printer firmware
Updating the printer firmware may resolve printhead issues. Go to Updating or Upgrading the Printer Firmware for know more.
In the event that the error message persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Check the carriage for a printhead latch
Open the entryway to access to the ink cartridges, and afterward decide whether the carriage inside the printer has a printhead lock.
- If your carriage has a printhead latch, continue to the next step.
- If your carriage doesn’t have a printhead latch, skip to Service the printer.
Step 3: Reseat the printhead up to three times
You may have to reseat the printhead up to three times.
- With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer.(Important: You must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer.)
- Lift the carriage latch, somewhat lift the printhead, bring down the printhead once again into the carriage, wiggle the printhead left and right, and afterward bring down the carriage latch to lock the printhead into place.
- Close the ink cartridge get to entryway.
- Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer.
- In some cases error messages persist after inserting the printhead. On the off chance that the error message perseveres, repeat the steps to reseat the printhead up to three times.
- On the off chance that the printhead error message endures, proceed to the subsequent stage.
Step 4: Replace the HP printhead
If your carriage has a printhead latch, replace the printhead.
If you have a damaged cartridge or printhead, it may be under guarantee. To check the guarantee on your ink or toner supplies, go to Printer and Page Yield Overview and afterward audit the restricted guarantee data for your provisions.
On the off chance that your printhead get together is never again under guarantee, you may have the option to buy another one online.
- Go to HP Parts Store.
- On the off chance that you are in Asia Pacific, the site guides you to a service center in your area.
- Search HP Parts Store for your printhead part number. Refer to the following table to find your printhead part number based on the ink cartridge numbers your printer uses.
Follow the online instructions to order the printhead assembly.
If the printhead error message persists, continue to the next step.
Step 5: Service the printer
Service or replace your HP product if the issue persists after finishing all the preceding steps.
Go to Contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair or replacement. On the off chance that you are in Asia Pacific, you will be directed to a local service center in your area.
If your hp printer uses HP 02, 177, 363, or 801 ink cartridges and if your hp printer has only two ink cartridge slots (black and tri-color), and resetting the printer didn’t fix the issue, service the printer.